Dr. Bennett Jacoby completed his Periodontics Residency program at Baylor University, College of Dentistry in Dallas, Texas, receiving his Certificate in Periodontics and a Master’s Degree in Oral Biology in 1991. During his residency, Dr. Jacoby performed extensive research in the dental sciences leading to several publications of his work in peer-reviewed international scientific journals.
Dr. Jacoby moved to the Big Island of Hawaii in 1998, establishing a periodontal practice in Kona. He was also the volunteer Periodontist for the charity Mobilecare on the west side of the Big Island which provided dental care to the underprivileged population of Kona. Recognizing the need for a periodontist on the island of Kauai, Dr. Jacoby opened a periodontics practice in Lihue, Kauai in 2012. Dr. Jacoby is the inventor and patent holder of several specialized instruments and devices including the Perioscope and the Plaque Zero system.
From 1991-1998, Dr. Jacoby had a private periodontics practice in Laguna Hills, CA.
- Periodontics Residency program at Baylor University, College of Dentistry - 1991
- Certificate in Periodontics and a Master’s Degree in Oral Biology - 1991
- Internship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery - 1988
- DDS Degree UCLA School of Dentistry - 1987
- Bachelor’s degree in both Chemistry and Biology from Cal State Northridge - 1983
In his spare time, Dr. Jacoby enjoys surfing and spending time with his two children.
Courses Dr. Bennett Jacoby teaches:
Peri-Implant Infection Diagnosis and Treatment
A Plant-Based Diet and its Medical and Dental Benefits