Advanced Myofunctional Topics: Evaluation, Treatment Planning and Collaboration
Live, Interactive Webcast Continuing Education Course - 3 Hours Credit
Instructor: Sara Mercier, RDH, BS, MAS
This advanced course will discuss orofacial myofunctional disorders (OMDs), their causes, their symptoms, and how the dental team can identify and support patients who present with OMDs. Providers will be given the tools to incorporate myofunctional therapy into their treatment plans and/or practice business model, as well as learn how to collaborate with the airway healthcare team. General considerations for licensure of dental providers providing myofunctional therapy services will be evaluated.
- Define Myofunctional Therapy & Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders (OMDs)
- Identify common OMD symptoms
- Perform a general screening for TOTs and OMDs
- Define the treatments and support dental HCP can provide for OMD cases
- Differentiate between acute management versus long term airway and dental health support
- Learn to collaborate effectively with myofunctional therapists and other health care providers to achieve full body functional results
- Describe the differences between airway focused orthodontics and traditional, retractive orthodontics
- Understand how to incorporate myofunctional therapy into treatment plans and/or practice business models
- Identify considerations for RDHs who provide myofunctional therapy services and the providers they work with
About Live, Interactive Continuing Education Webinars
A live, interactive webinar is similar to attending a continuing education seminar in your community, except that you attend via your computer. Each course is done live in a format that allows your participation. Anyone who has access to a computer that can play sound can participate in an ACES webinar. No special computer knowledge or equipment is required to participate in our webinars. When you enroll in any ACES course, you will be sent an email with complete information on how to join the webinar and a copy of the course syllabus. At the conclusion of your live webinar, you will complete a course examination online. You will then be able to print your continuing education certificate from your computer.
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships:
Instructor: Sara Mercier - No relevant financial relationship to report Education
Advisory Committee (EAC): Members of the EAC have no relevant financial relationships to report
ACES ownership and staff: No relevant financial relationship to report
Advanced Continuing Education Systems is an ADA CERP Recognized provider for dental continuing education. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Advanced Continuing Education Systems designates this activity for 3 continuing education credits.
Advanced Continuing Education Systems (Provider RP4393) has been approved by the Dental Board of California as a provider of dental continuing education.