Time (PT): 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Time (ET): 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Infection Control for the Dental Office
Dental Board of California Approved
Live, Interactive Webcast Continuing Education Course
3 Hours Credit
Instructor: Dr. Joanne Conaway, N.D., B.S.N., R.N.
Proper infection control is vital for the protection of our patients and staff. With the myriad of potential dangerous
pathogens found in the dental office, it is essential that every dental professional know how to create a safe
This course will exam the various aspects of infection control including how to handle the most recent pathogens
that are creating health challenges world-wide.
This course fulfills the specific infection control course requirements for most states.
After completing this course, the clinician will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic microbiology as it pertains to infectious disease in the dental setting.
- Discuss microorganism types and potential modes of transmission in the dental setting.
- Explain the chain of infection and identify all components that must be present
- Discuss the role of the CDC, OSHA and OSAP as they relate to infection control in dentistry.
- Identify the differences between Standard Precautions and Universal Precautions
- Discuss the rationale for Standard Precautions
- Explain the difference between bacteriostatic and bacteriocidal
- Recognize factors that increase the likelihood of a person becoming a susceptible host.
- Define cross contamination
- 1Discuss how transmission occurs between two people or among a group.
About Live, Interactive Webcast Continuing Education Seminars:
A live, interactive webcast seminar is similar to attending a continuing education seminar in your community,
except that you attend via your computer. Each course is done live in a format that allows your participation.
Anyone who has access to a computer that can play sound can participate in an ACES webcast seminar. No
special computer knowledge or equipment is required to participate in our webcast seminars.
When you enroll in any ACES webcast course, you will be sent an e-mail with complete information on how to
join the online seminar and a copy of the course syllabus. At the conclusion of your live seminar, you will complete
a course examination online. You will then be able to print your continuing education certificate from your computer.
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships:
Instructor: Dr. Joanne Conaway - No relevant financial relationship to report
Education Advisory Committee (EAC): Members of the EAC have no relevant financial relationships to report
ACES ownership and staff: No relevant financial relationship to report
Advanced Continuing Education Systems is an ADA CERP Recognized provider for dental continuing education.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Advanced Continuing Education Systems designates this activity for 3 continuing education credits.
Advanced Continuing Education Systems (Provider RP4393) has been approved by the Dental Board of California as a provider of dental continuing education.
To learn more about ACES and this course: call 888-844-ACES