Medications Used In Dentistry
Live, Interactive Webcast Continuing Education Course - 3 Hours Credit
Instructor: Dr. Kenneth Colerick, D.D.S.
This course will explore the Antibiotics, Analgesics, and Local Anesthetics that are commonly used in dentistry.
After completing this course, the clinician will learn:
- What antibiotics are effective on oral bacteria.
- What combination and dosages of antibiotics you can use.
- How antibiotics work to remove bacteria.
- How analgesics react to other drugs our patients are taking.
- How analgesics affect our bodies; how they can become addictive.
- How local anesthetics work and how they become sodium channel blockers.
- Why vasoconstrictors are needed in local anesthetics.
About Live, Interactive Webcast Continuing Education Seminars:
A live, interactive webcast seminar is similar to attending a continuing education seminar in your community, except that you attend via your computer. Each course is done live in a format that allows your participation.
Anyone who has access to a computer that can play sound can participate in an ACES webcast seminar. No special computer knowledge or equipment is required to participate in our webcast seminars.
When you enroll in any ACES webcast course, you will be sent an e-mail with complete information on how to join the online seminar and a copy of the course syllabus. At the conclusion of your live seminar, you will complete a course examination online. You will then be able to print your continuing education certificate from your computer.
Advanced Continuing Education Systems is an ADA CERP Recognized provider for dental continuing education.
Advanced Continuing Education Systems (Provider RP4393) has been approved by the Dental Board of California as a provider of dental continuing education.
To learn more about ACES and this course: call 888-844-ACES or email firstname.lastname@example.org